Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weight Issue...

Salam..

This will be the first entry I made since nearly about 2 months ago. Lots of things happened the last month or so, so many things to write but so little time writing it. In the end, that so many things become so little remembered hence so quiet.

So, the obvious question, what am I suppose to write to begin with to make up for the long absent.. I was told by my sisters to cut down on football and golf. That's very sad because those two are the best things I know off and the closest to my heart. Yes I can write long articles about other things but I'll write longer about football and golf. But for the purpose of this article, I will abide to my sisters' request, no football and golf or anything associated with a contest using any form of sphere looking objects, be it big or small, because for the very first time, I will talk about health, my own health..

To begin with, let me just admit that I am fat, and I am feeling fatter now that my wife had started referring my weight as 'tonne' rather than 'kg'.. and as we speak, I weigh 0.095 tonne (for those who are not so good in metric conversions, 0.095 tonne is equivalent to 95 kg.... get it??!) before today's lunch, and I'm giving it a leeway increment of about half a kg after I finish my plate of chicken rice for lunch and nasi berlauk for dinner..

So what does that kind of weight means? It surely means a lot to me. For a start, I can't climb 5 stairs up without having to stop to catch my breath (5 stairs up is equivalent to about 50 equal inclining steps..), my jog has become a walk and when I play futsal (I played just about 2-3 times a year, that's right, not a month, a year, but I'll still factored that in just to get a statistic..), I will be a centre fwd for 3 minutes and a goalkeeper for the next 57 minutes... If that doesn't sounds terrible enough, each time when I look into a mirror, I see a fat guy standing in front of me, it was so bad of a sight that I opposed to my wife's request to put up a mirror in our bathroom, instead I bought her a small mirror which just fits in to see my face, so I don't have to endure the nightmarish side viewing other parts of my flesh.. And further, all my body-hugging tees had been pecked further down in my wardrobe, and with that without me knowing it, the Madam feels like she had all the wisdom to give it away, simply because she also can't endure the sight of those tees being put on on me... (You know, back then in late 90's when I was still single, when I still have six packs carved on my tummy, I used to wear those tees where me and my buddies call it 'Westlife shirts'. Put it on, with a pair of jeans and a loafers, tuck in 10 bucks imitation Ray Ban sunglass on the head just above the forehead and there it went I was suddenly a hunk.... but now, I would not dare as I will most likely look like a hulk, no more hunk... hahahahaha)... In addition to that, my agility has slowly diminish, my movement has become slower, much slower now to get this butt up from the bed every morning and I don't dare myself moving too fast as each time I tried to make rapid turn, I feel like I'm going tweak some bones in my leg, poor knee.. Wow... that's how serious my weight issue is... and it took me 10 years to realize about it and further 15 years for me to realize to do something about it.. Not that I never tried to reduce the fats off before, couple of years back I tried cut down on rice, it worked for about 2 weeks when one day the makcik who I used to buy nasi lemak berlauk from came into my dream and haunt me for not buying hers again (at least that was what I told my wife...).. I tried to try working out in the gym, and for that reason I bought my place now (it's actually reason No.189, not the ultimate..) but unfortunately I've only been to the gym... ermm.. let me count.. never.. Yes.. never.. why? because the gym was so close to my house and when it's so close to my house, the thrill of going to it and working out is gone.. (at least that was what I told my wife..)..

But surely I will continue to try to put my weights down, at least to the level ideal to my frame and to my BMI.. But overall, although I may lost some quality in life because of my current weight, life is not so bad afterall. I don't feel being overweight reduces my self-confidence (if I'm still a bachelor I would like to think that it will), but with the life I am living right now, it just fits well, at least the biggest complain will be from the Madam, but when I tell her that people will appreciate the way you manage your spouse by looking at your husband's tummy, she kind of put the issue to the back of her mind, and as for me, I don't even mind....

1 comment:

  1. dis tyme,the content is quite interesting to be read..! gud job..! eheh..

    wieght hah..? yeah bro..
    do something ur weight..
    whereas Naufal can be reduce his weight..
    y not his papa ryte?
    malu lah nanti..ahahhaha...

    ~saje nak bakar2..burning up sket semangat kuruz kan badan abg zairy tu..hehe..
    so..chayok2 lah bro..!

    ReplyDelete